30 January 2011

Coffee Liqueur

I recently made some Coffee Liqueur and it was such a hit with my friends that I decided to post the recipe here. It is really easy to make and you can drink it immediately if you like, but if you can wait I suggest letting it sit for at least 10 days - it makes a big difference to the taste!






 COFFEE LIQUEUR
2 cups of good strong Coffee
1 and 1/2 cups Sugar
2 cups Water
2 tbsp Vanilla
1 cinnamon stick (optional)
750ml Vodka or Rum

Use some good, strong coffee, preferably not instant, and brew two STRONG cups.
Put the sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon stick in a casserole (pot) and bring to a simmer. Add the 2 cups of coffee and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Add the vodka or rum.

I usually pour mine into a large jar (1.5L) which I shake everyday - to stir up the coffee residue and get the flavours mixing a bit. After about 10 days I take out the cinnamon stick and pour the coffee liqueur into bottels.

Makes about 2 x 750ml bottels

It is great to drink on its own (ice cold) or over crushed ice or in a cocktail.

I will be making another batch soon, as I am on my last bottle, this time I might try something different. If it is any good, and my guinea pigs likes it, I will post it here.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Ten days are gonna feel like a lifetime!

    By the way, mixed with some cream, it gives Amarula a very good go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is definitely something I want to try to spice up my mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vincent

    Thank you for the compliment! I have added my blog to Petitchef.

    Kind Regards
    Wyni

    ReplyDelete