23 October 2012

Easy Halloween Witch Cake

I made this really easy, funny witch Halloween Cake a few years ago, so with Halloween just a few days away I thought I would share it.  It was one of my first tries with fondant, so it's just a proven fact that you don't have to be an expert to make  something really cool for Halloween.
 

Burried Witch Halloween Cake




















The cake was a two layer chocolate cake (you can make your own from scratch or buy the box cakes). I made mine from scratch.

Ice the bottom layer with some chocolate frosting (again here you can make your own buttercream frosting or you use store brought ones) you can also use chocolate fudge or similar. Once the bottom is covered in frosting, take the top layer and crumble it onto the bottom layer. Make some large and smaller pieces. It should look like dirt! Make sure they stick to the frosting.

I then made a witches hat from some purple fondant, some arms and legs from the green fondant and hands and shoes from the yellow. I placed it on the cake so that it looks like the witch is burried alive!

I sprinkled the cake with some cocoa powder (you can also use hot choccolate powder) to make the dirt look more real. Lastly I added some candy pumpkins just for fun!

And there you have it, a Halloween Cake to die for.......


Witch Halloween Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment