01 April 2013

How to dry Fondant or Sugarpaste figures and toppers faster!

I recently got the opportunity to make an Under the Sea cake for a little girl who turned 5.
I knew it was going to be a challenge to make but who am I to say no to a challenge? It was February and it is stinking hot on the island in February. We call it suicide month!
All I could think of was that I would have to make a ton of fondant and gumpaste toppers and how on earth will they all dry in this heat and humidity!

I had a week to make the Mermaid topper and all the other gumpaste decorations. Luckilly they all hardened in time and I found a great trick on how to dry them faster! It worked!! What is my tip I hear you ask? It is simple really...

 

How to dry Fondant or Sugarpaste figures or topper faster?

Use a hair dryer! Yes I know it sounds a bit strange, but it really works. Put the hair dryer on the lowest heat setting. Hold it about (30cm) 12 inches away from the figurine that you are drying and moving the hair dryer side to side over the figure. I do it for 3 minutes and then let it rest for 3 minutes, I do it about 3 times and it will dry nicely!


If you like this tip and want to get more tips and ideas please join our Facebook page
MakeEatLove


Click here for more tips to DRY FONDANT QUICKLY


Here is the finished cake, I think it turned out pretty well. What do you think?



I will do another post on How to make a fondant Mermaid topper and other sea creatures.

Till then make, eat and love what you do!


2 comments:

  1. You did a great job! (opinion of a professional decorator!) Great tip, too, for drying fondant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you very much. I really appreciate your comment.

      Delete