26 February 2014

Quick and Easy Savory Muffins

Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe for savory muffins? Look no further. 

I wanted to knock up some nice savory muffins a few mornings ago for breakfast and I wanted it to be quick and easy. No more than 30 minutes from start to finish. 
I did what anyone would do...Google, but sadly there was nothing I liked, so I decided to make up my own recipe! This was the results and they were delicious! 





Here is my recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups (500g) self-raising flour
  • 1 cup (250g) grated cheddar cheese (or any tasty hard cheese)
  • 1 packet of smoked bacon cut in cubes
  • 150g butter, melted
  • 1 cup (250ml) milk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • Fresh herbs (I used fresh rosemary from my garden - finely cut )
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin sized papers. 
Mix the self-raising flour, salt, cheese, bacon, herbs together. In a jug combine the egg, milk and 
butter.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Pour into prepared muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Delicious!

If you enjoyed this recipe please join our Facebook page for more Make.Eat.Love

Quick and Easy Savory Muffins



2 comments:

  1. Baking them right now! I can't wait for them to come out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete